Monday, March 26, 2007

Day 26 – In the 30's

26 Mar, 07 – 21.45    
18.2371N,30.9877W


24 hr progress: 29 Nautical Miles
Big day today! Crossed the 30 degree W meridian!. What a great psychological lift. After the slow progress last week, I was starting to think I still had one mooring line attached to the marina at La Restinga.
Sky continues to be overcast, with the sun and moon hidden behind the clouds. Had a bit of rain this morning to add to the condensation in the cabin. The sea has been a dull grey color all day, making it feel more like rowing on an oil slick rather than water. Wildlife has disappeared again.
I've been so caught up with putting the miles in that I've hardly realized the time go by. Looking forward to a small celebration at the 1 month anniversary.
Life on board is good. Whipping my way thru the tinned food first, so as to lighten the weight. Wish I had brought more tins of fruit though. I think I have just enough to last me for another 3 weeks or so, as I am eating about 2 a day. I reckon the boat is about 50 kilos lighter over the past three weeks, judging by the food and water consumed.
Well that's all for now, keep the messages coming, any form of contact is much appreciated!
Cheers,
B
To send a SMS message to my satellite phone visit http://www.bhavik.com/crossatlantic/messages.asp
md-070326_1overcast
Overcast

No comments: