Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day 41 – Water Leak - situation update

10 Apr, 07 – 23.45    
17.1203N,35.1123W


I've spent the past hour drying the compartments again and lining them with paper to get an idea of the order in which the compartments are flooding and trying to locate the source of the leak.
After a discussion with Erden over the satellite phone, we both agreed that 5 liters was too much water to attribute to condensation.
It's too dark right now to get in the water and inspect the hull from outside. Will have to wait 'til morning when I will have a better idea from the paper I've placed if the water is coming in through the floorboards (hull) or soaking through the top of my sleeping area.
I was hoping that it was just the water from the waves that broke in to the cabin and that it's somehow collected at the bottom. I doubt this is the case, as all three compartments have watertight plastic lids to seal them off. Hence, the water could only have seeped through the surrounding wood or the floorboards.
Will know more in the morning
B
request:
TILL FURTHER NOTICE, PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE OR CALL ME ON THE SATELLITE PHONE AS I HAVE LIMITED SPACE. THE LINE IS BEING KEPT OPEN FOR EMERGENCY USE. Instead pls direct messages thru the messags section on the website.
(EXCEPTIONS: Erden, Tatiana, Tiny, Hicks, Leven, Larsson, Kalisinski, Michael, Ambani)

No comments: