Saturday, April 21, 2007

Day 52 – PHOTO TOUR - A typical day - PART 1

21 Apr, 07 – 21.30
16.1641N,41.2301W

I thought the Half Way point would be a good a day as any to give you all a photo tour of what my typical day on board is like. So here you go. Indulge!.
PS. Apologies to those who have subscribed to Automatic News Alerts. I can only upload 3 images per page, so you may receive 5 email alerts for this post as it runs into 5 pages / 15 images.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GPS Co-incidence - Checking the GPS at 12.21 at night. It shows distance to Antigua (1255), which is 5 miles to my half way point (calculating a distance of 2499 miles from El Hierro).;
The GPS also showed W 039'55.152. which co-incidentally also happens to be 5 miles short of crossing the 40 degrees West Meridian. Two milestones at the same time.
Roof Cabin Foam – The foam padding on the support beam that runs thru the roof cabin has been coming off as I've bumped my head into it way too many times. Another task added to the to-do list.
The 'Office' – My work space. Laptop, chargers, sat phone, maps & charts, vhf radio. Taken at 12.20 am, just after I updated the map and updated the ships logbook. The cabin ceiling, just above the laptop is 3ft and is the highest point in the cabin before sloping down to 2ft at the stern. Pictured here is the black plexi-glass entrance, thru which I step outside onto the deck.
Email: mail@bhavik.com
Get automatic alerts: http://www.humanedgetech.com/expedition/bhavik/newsletter/index.php
md-070421_1crossing
GPS
md-070421_2taskhit
Foam padding on ceiling
md-070421_0map
Workspace

No comments: