Saturday, April 21, 2007

Day 52 – PHOTO TOUR - A typical day - PART 4

21 Apr, 07 – 21.30    
16.1641N,41.2601W


Argos Beacon re-location – I have 2 Argons beacons on board to track my position via satellite. The first is an active beacon that is tied on deck (pictured here) and the second is a standby beacon – to be switched on when the batteries on the first one run low (usually after 65 days or so). Since the leak, I have made arrangements with the land team, that in case of an emergency or capsize, I will hit the emergency buttons on BOTH beacons as well as set of the EPIRB. While checking the beacon the other day, I realized that if I did capsize, I may not be able to reach both beacons or set them off in time. I've decided to relocate the standby beacon to the inside of the GrabBag and secure the active beacon to the outside of the GrabBag which is tied to the deck. Another task for my to-do list, that I will do later in the week.
Gray Rowing – The morning usually starts off with gray dull weather and choppy seas.
Clear Mid Morning – By mid-morning, the sky clears and huge long swells replace the choppy small waves. Good (a bit ruff) rowing conditions last till noon.
_______________________________________________
Email: mail@bhavik.com
Get automatic alerts: http://www.humanedgetech.com/expedition/bhavik/newsletter/index.php
md-070421_11argosfix
Argos satellite beacon
md-070421_12grayrowing
Gray rowing conditions
md-070421_13clear
Clear skies by mid morning

No comments: